Using the theme “Water is Life,” students in Grades K-12 in schools within the service area of the Monte Vista Water District are invited to create an art poster depicting various water uses, ways to use water more efficiently, or water conservation topics.
DEADLINE: April 9, 2020 by 5 PM
EACH PARTICIPATING TEACHER MAY SUBMIT UP TO FIVE (5) POSTERS FROM EACH CLASSROOM
1. Artwork must be 12’’x18’’ in size, drawn on WHITE poster board or WHITE drawing paper and HORIZONTALLY drawn. Vertical artwork WILL NOT be accepted.
2. Artwork must have a 1’ white or blank border on ALL four sides.
3. A “short” water message MUST be written on artwork, but not necessarily the words “Water is Life.” Words MUST be spelled correctly. CHECK SPELLING and PUNCTUATION carefully!
4. Art media: Use one or more of the following materials: crayons, pencils, watercolors, paints, markers, ink, pastels, chalk, cut paper or fabric. BOLD, BRILLIANT & BRIGHT COLORS are preferred!
5. Artwork must be ORIGINAL. No computer generated trademark art, or copyright material, i.e. Disney character.
No “copycat” ideas of artwork from past posters or calendars.
6. Each poster MUST have the following information TYPED on a 4”x6” card or piece of paper and TAPED to the back center of the poster. Make sure names are spelled correctly!
- Student’s Name
- Student’s Grade Level
- School Name
- School Number
- Teacher(s) Name
- School District
- Agency Name: “Monte Vista Water District”
- Agency Contact: “Gabby De La Cruz”
7. Parents or guardians of winners of the contest MUST sign a Student Artwork Right/Approval Form. Submitted artwork becomes the property of Monte Vista Water District.
- Grades K-3: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places
- Grades 4-6: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places
- Grades 7-12: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places
Gift Certificate to Barnes and Noble
- First Place: $50
- Second Place: $35
- Third Place: $25
Classroom Pizza Party
First Place winners of each category will win a pizza party for the entire class!
$50 Target gift card for teachers of winning student artists! (one per teacher)
Bring entries to: Monte Vista Water District, 10575 Central Ave., CA 91763 or call Gabby De La Cruz at 909.267.2165.