MVWD is joining the irrigation industry in promoting July as Smart Irrigation Month.
As part of the month-long campaign, MVWD is giving away TWO Sprinkler System Super Tune-Up packages! This grand prize, valued at $2,000, includes minor repairs to existing watering systems along with retrofit improvements such as high efficiency sprinkler nozzles and smart irrigation controllers that save water and money. MVWD residential customers can enter the contest by completing the online entry form, visiting the District's office or calling 909-267-2130. Customers visiting MVWD's District office front lobby between July 22nd and 26th will also receive free giveaway items and helpful tips on how to save water outdoors. If you're not able to visit the District office, follow MVWD's social media channels for irrigation tips throughout the month and more!
July is traditionally the month of peak demand for watering lawns, gardens and landscapes in North America. The Irrigation Association named July as Smart Irrigation Month to increase public awareness about simple practices and innovative technologies that homeowners, businesses and property managers can use to:
- Save money on utility bills.
- Minimize or defer investments in infrastructure to store and carry water, typically paid for by property taxes or municipal bonds.
- Protect their community's water supply for generations to come.
Homeowners typically over water lawns and landscapes by up to 30%. Careful, selective planting along with watering wisely and maintaining or upgrading automated irrigation systems can help consumers save money, save water and see better results. MVWD offers several free programs that help customers in all of these areas to use water more efficiently:
- Industry expert will evaluate landscape and audit irrigation system to check its efficiency
- Retrofit an existing irrigation controller with weather-based irrigation controller
- Tune-up customers' existing sprinkler system with minor repairs, such as valve and nozzle repairs, minor rewiring, etc. to make it function more efficiently
To learn more about these programs, visit the Water Savings Program page for participation criteria. Or use this form to sign up for one of MVWD's water saving programs.
Smart Irrigation Month is an initiative of the Irrigation Association, a non-profit industry organization dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation.