The turf removal rebate has returned and is now available to District residential, commercial, industrial and institutional customers!
Turf grass is one of the most water-intensive plants in your landscape. Its high water use and frequent maintenance make it a time-consuming and expensive yard option. In fact, the average residential customer spends about 60% of their water on outdoor irrigation. By changing turf to a California Friendly yard of drought tolerant plants you can save water and money.
Monte Vista wants to help our customers save water by offering rebates to replace water thirsty lawns with beautiful, drought tolerant landscaping. Please visit www.bewaterwise.com in order to participate. See below criteria for participation.
- $3.50 per square foot
- Maximum of 5,000 square feet project size
- Rebate covers front, side, and backyard
- Simple Landscaping Plan must be completed
- Must incorporate sustainable approach components - six options
- 3 plants per 100 square feet
- No bare soil, must have mulch, decomposed granite, rock, 3" of cover
- Irrigation must be changed in the project area and overhead sprays capped
- NO Synthetic turf allowed
- 180 days to complete the project
- No receipts required
- Pre- and Post- inspections required by member agency (customers submit photos)
- If participant does not meet all requirements, rebate will be denied
- No Waitlist
- $3 per square foot
- Maximum of 50,000 square feet project size
- All other requirements are the same as residential
Please call 1-888-376-3314 if you have questions or require further information about this rebate.
Funding is limited and rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, and to apply, visit www.bewaterwise.com or call 888-376-3314.