- Resources for Teachers
- Water is Life Student Art Poster Contest
Water is Life Student Art Poster Contest
2023 "Water is Life" Poster Contest
Using the theme "Water is Life," students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade at schools within Monte Vista Water District's service area are invited to create an art poster depicting various water uses, ways to use water more efficiently, or water conservation topics.
The winning artwork will be entered into a regional art contest hosted by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) that is open to all water agencies in southern California. MWD will choose 36 poster designs to feature in the 2024 Student Art Calendar. Winners of MWD's contest will be announced in winter and recognized at a special event in early December.
- use the following: crayons, pencils, watercolors, paints, markers, ink, pastels, chalk, cut paper or fabric; bold, bright colors preferred
- be 12"x18" or 8.5"x11" in size, designed on white poster board or white drawing paper
- be designed horizontally (landscaped)
- have a 1" white or blank border on ALL four sides
- have a short water message written on artwork, but not necessarily the words "Water is Life"
- have correct spelling and punctuation
- be original; no computer-generated, trademarked, or copywritten material
See updated 2023 contest flyer for more details and revised contest guidelines.
Art posters should be submitted electronically here or to the Monte Vista Water District by March 22th.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021-2022 "Water is Life" Poster Contest! The nine winning posters from Monte Vista Water District's contest will move on to Metropolitan Water District (MWD) for judging in their regional Student Art Calendar Contest. Thirty-six award-winning posters will be featured in a 2023 calendar that will be published by MWD. Congratulations again to this year's poster contest winners and we look forward to seeing the wonderful art created by students in our service area.
Grades K-3 Category: 1st Place - Isaac Solis, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades K-3 Category: 2nd Place - Andrew Carbajal, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades K-3 Category: 3rd Place - Selene Rodriguez, Lyle S. Briggs Fundamental School
Grades 4-6 Category: 1st Place - Logan Guthrie, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades 4-6 Category: 2nd Place - Lucca Flores, Our Lady Of Lourdes School
Grades 4-6 Category: 3rd Place - Fatima Nuno, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades 7-12 Category: 1st Place - Hannah Guthrie, Montclair High School
Grades 7-12 Category: 2nd Place - Jazlynn Sanchez, Montclair High School
Grades 7-12 Category: 3rd Place - Camila Orozco, Vernon Middle School