Adopted Common Sense Measures
Monte Vista Water District's Board of Directors adopted Ordinance 33 (PDF) establishing year-round water use efficiency best practices. District customers are required to practice the following common sense measures to use water as efficiently as possible:
- Set automatic irrigation timers to water between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. Exceptions: Hand-watering, drip irrigation, "smart" (e.g., weather-based) irrigation controllers.
- Adjust watering and fix broken heads to avoid excessive runoff from irrigation
- Turn off irrigation during rain
- Repair leaks within 7 days of discovery
- Use a hose with a shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles or use an automatic commercial car wash
- No hosing down of paved surfaces, except when required for health or safety purposes
- Restaurants serve water only upon request
- Hotels offer guests the option to not launder linen daily
Help Make a Difference
We're asking our customers to watch their daily water usage and find ways to cut back. If we apply simple, common sense water-saving measures to our daily lives, we'll build a resilient water supply this year and for years to come.
Remember: The water we save today may be the water we need tomorrow!