Water Use Efficiency Best Practices
Monte Vista Water District's Board of Directors adopted Ordinance 33 establishing year-round water use efficiency best practices. District customers are required to practice the following common sense measures to use water as efficiently as possible:
- Set automatic irrigation timers to water between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Exceptions: Hand-watering, drip irrigation, "smart" (e.g., weather-based) irrigation controllers
- Adjust watering and fix broken heads to avoid excessive runoff from irrigation
- Turn off irrigation during rain
- Repair leaks within seven (7) days of discovery
- Use a hose with a shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles, or use automatic commercial wash
- No hosing down of paved surfaces, except when required for health or safety purposes
- Restaurants serve water only upon request
- Hotels offer guests the option to not launder linen daily
Basically, we're asking our customers to watch their daily water usage, and find ways to cut back.
If we apply simple, common sense water-saving measures to our daily lives, we'll ensure a plentiful water supply this year and for years to come.