The Public Affairs Department is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing communication, public information, legislative, community involvement, media relations, conservation and education programming. The goal of these programs is to "tell the Monte Vista Water District story" through a variety of methods and formats to customers, students, stakeholders and the general public.
In addition to administering District-sponsored programs, public affairs staff participate in regional program collaborations with other local water agencies and cities.
- Water Use Efficiency "Best Practices"
- Residential Rebates
- Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Rebates
- Free Landscape Irrigation Evaluations
- Multi-family High Efficiency Toilet Retrofits
- Annual "Water is Life" Art Poster Contest
- School Class Presentations (water conservation, water industry careers)
- "Garden in Every School"
- National Theatre for Children
- Project WET (Water Education for Teachers) workshops