Water Use is Increasing- PLEASE USE IT WISELY (Jan 17, 2018)
MVWD is experiencing an increase in water use compared to 2016.
Although the drought is over, the event is cyclical. It is important to maintain efficient water use habits in order to ensure a plentiful water supply in the future.
Make it easy - the District offers a suite of FREE programs designed to help you use water efficiently. For more information and to sign up, click here or give us a call at (909) 267-2130.
In the meantime, follow the guidlelines below to ensure responsible water use:
- Set automatic irrigation timers to water between the hours of 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Adjust watering and fix broken and leaky sprinkler heads to avoid excessive runoff from irrigation
- Repair leaks within 7 days of discovery
- Use a hose wth a shutoff nozzle to wash vehicles, or visit a local carwash that recycles water
- Sweep paved surfaces instead of hosing them down