Change your clocks and irrigation schedule! (Oct 29, 2015)
MVWD would like to remind customers to check their sprinkler timers when they change their clocks for daylight-saving time, which began on Sunday, November 1.
Here are some tips that customers can follow:
- Replace the battery, if there is one, in the sprinkler timer and reset the sprinkler time, if needed, to adjust for daylight- saving time.
- Check the timer setting to ensure that the sprinkler system is watering for the correct number of days and minutes.
- Recommended watering schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday before 6 a.m. and after 6 p.m. for 6 minutes.
- Take advantage of lower evaporation rates by watering in the early morning or in the evening when temperatures are cooler. Watering during the cooler parts of the days can save 25 gallons of water each time you water.
- Look for perpetually damp spots in the yard or places where water pools, which can be signs of a leak.
If customers have any questions or need assistance with their sprinkler timers, please call MVWD at (909) 267-2130.