Turf Removal Rebate is Back! (Jul 9, 2018)
The turf removal rebate has returned and is now available to District residential, commercial, industrial and institutional customers!
Turf grass is one of the most water-intensive plants in your landscape. Its high water use and frequent maintenance make it a time-consuming and expensive yard option. In fact, the average residential customer spends about 60% of their water on outdoor irrigation. By changing turf to a California Friendly yard of drought tolerant plants you can save water and money.
Monte Vista wants to help our customers save water by offering rebates to replace water thirsty lawns with beautiful, drought tolerant landscaping. Please visit www.socalwatersmart.com ASAP in order to participate. See below criteria for participation.
- $2.50 per square foot
- Maximum of 1,500 square feet project size
- Rebate covers front, side, and backyard (minimum of 250 sq. ft. of front yard must be completed)
- Simple Landscaping Plan must be completed
- Must incorporate sustainable approach components - six options
- 50% plant coverage requirement (5 plants per 100 square feet)
- No bare soil, must have mulch, DG, rock, 3" of cover
- Irrigation must be changed in the project area and overhead sparays capped
- NO Synthetic turf allowed
- Customers must attend a mandatory class
- 180 days to complete the project
- No receipts required
- Pre- and Post- inspections required by member agency (customers submit photos)
- If participant does not meet all requirements, rebate will be denied
- No Waitlist
- $2 per square foot
- Maximum of 10,000 square feet project size
- No class required
- All other requirements are the same as residential
Please call 1-888-376-3314 if you have questions or require further information about this rebate.
Other rebates include:
- High Efficiency Clothes Washers - Rebate: $160
- Premium High Efficiency Toilets - Rebates: $100
Funding is limited and rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebate eligibility is dependent on qualifying devices; check the qualifying devices list prior to purchasing your device. For qualifying devices, more information, and to apply, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call 888-376-3314.
Other Free Water Saving Programs
Sprinkler Nozzle Installation Program
- Detailed evaluation of irrigation system
- High efficiency nozzles, including installation
- Must have automatic irrigation system in place
Smart Irrigation Controller Upgrade Program
- Weather-based irrigation controller including installation
- Must have minimum irrigated area of 500 sq. ft. and attend a workshop
Irrigation Survey and Retrofit Program
- Evaluation of irrigaiton system
- Weather-based irrigation controller and high efficiency nozzles with installation
- Must have a minimum of 1/4 acre property
Free Landscape Evaluations
The Chino Basin Water Conservation District offers free outdoor water audits for customers living or doing business within the MVWD service area. The audit includes a complete evaluation of your outdoor irrigation system, an accurate profile of your water consumption and a water budget based on the local evapotranspiration and irrigation landscape area. Please visit www.cbwcd.org for more details.